VOLUNTEER QUESTIONS? INFO@GIVEANDSURF.ORG
Give & Surf is a volunteer-driven organization that invites both individuals and groups to join us in Panama for short or long-term stays. As a volunteer, your time may be limited, but the impact you make is vital to the success of the community and Give & Surf’s programs. As a volunteer, you will spend Monday-Friday mornings on-site assisting with our educational classes and recreational programs. Your exact role as a volunteer will be determined by your passions/interests, experience working with kids, level of Spanish, and length of stay. Whether it’s assisting our teachers lead an activity or designing a new program to serve an unmet community need, your help will improve the lives of all the children and families we serve!
Volunteers are primarily housed in our “jungle” house on the island of Bastimentos. Lodging here allow volunteers to enjoy the serene beauty and peacefulness of the jungle and islands while still remaining just a short water-taxi ride away from Bocas Town.
Panama Volunteer Fees
*Volunteers are welcome to join for any length of time. The fees will be prorated accordingly to the length of stay.
- Pre-trip and project preparations, communications, and all email/phone support
- Ocean front accommodations
- Lunch in the community Monday through Friday
- *All Breakfasts in 2018
- Transportation to community, town, and nearby beaches
- Volunteer coordinator assisting with program orientation and guides with local knowledge
- Coordination and facilitation of volunteer projects
- Use of snorkel equipment, surfboards, and stand up paddle boards
- Surf trips to Carenero Point and Black Rock
- One surf lesson by Mono Loco Surf School
What’s NOT Included?
- Tours and activities provided by third party tour providers
- Dinners and weekend lunches
- “Out on the town” expenses
- Laundry services
Volunteer Registration Process
To sign up we require that all volunteers complete the following information to reserve their spot on the team.
Initial step: Complete Volunteer Application above.
Follow up: Give & Surf staff will contact you & arrange a Skype or phone conversation to answer your questions, discuss volunteer expectations, and review the planning process and trip details.
Upon acceptance into Give & Surf’s volunteer program:
- Complete Registration Form.
- Book international flight to/from Panama City and email itinerary to email@example.com.
- Pay $300 non-refundable deposit via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or via wire transfer.
- Sign up for travel insurance (recommended). Our preferred travel insurance provider and partner is World Nomads.
- Create Razoo fundraising page (optional).
- Review volunteer documents, including FAQs, trip packet, & teaching information found below.
- Final balance is due on or before your arrival date.
Information for Volunteers